One Phat Grrl

onephatgrrl@yahoo.com

Tuesday, July 08, 2003

I was having problems with Blogger yesterday. I'm not really sure what was going on, but...something was. Oh well, today I'm ready to update.

I'm enjoying a hot cup 'o Joe this morning...as I usually do. I'm going over in my head the last few days....It's been a bitch (wait, isn't that a recurring theme? lol). Friday found me at my mom and dad's house mowing the lawn. I have to say, I'm unsure of how people do that for a living (mow and do lawnwork that is). It was freakin' hotter than hell out there and several times I would have preferred to be spiked in the stomach by a bull's horn than be outside. They have two mower's and I was determined not to make my 53 year old mother push while I rode..so I pushed. Never mind the fact that she is now used to it, where as I am not..lol.. At any rate, she and I got the lawn done and I was asleep at about 9 on the 4th of July because I just felt B E A T D O W N ! ! !

So Saturday I get up...decide to do some painting (something I've found I really enjoy that really relaxes me) and just try to enjoy the day. Around 1ish my mom calls and says that she's calling the transplant team because my dad has a fever of 101. A few minutes later she calls back and they have told her to bring him in to the emergeny room. By 9:00 that night, they admitted him in because his fever has spiked to 103, they are worried that his ascites (fluid in his abdominal cavity) is infected, which is bad..an that they will need to temporarily take him off the transplant list because you can't be on the list if you have any type of infections..reason being that if you get the call, they won't operate because the risk is too great that the organ will reject..something it might do anyway. It's not as bad as it sounds (getting put on hold on the list), you don't have to start over or anything...and in his case...it's not as if he was going to be getting that liver in the next month :(

So, fast foward to yesterday...still in the hospital, although his ascites are not infected...they are telling us he had a urinary tract infection (which I'm not sure I totally buy...I mean, who is on antibiotics for a month when they have a UTI?),...I've decided the doctors in the transplant progam are totally cluster f*!k's.... and that most of them can kiss my fat butt.

Gee, I'm such a nice person :)

On a side note, or work note that is...our collector gal's last day was last Thursday.....and she didn't stay the entire day at that. Why is it that when someone leaves the job they are in, you start to find all these things that they weren't doing? In the past two days I've found all kinds of crap she was slacking on....I have to wonder why, but thank goodness she is gone. I'm sure that there would have been some sort of blow up eventually if she stayed (with the owner that is).

Well, it's time to mosey on I guess. I'm eating breakfast (coffee with eggs, toast) and planning out the day. Should be such a fun week, temps in the 90's which humidity nearing 100 % which makes the heat index (what it actually feel's like) at oh, I'd say...98 or 99. Gotta freaking love that. There is nothing better than a two minute walk that drenches you with sweat to get your panties all bunched up :) Woooooo hoooooo!

Holla--
xoxo